Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Accepting Change




Since completing the October Dress Project, I have have really neglected the blog. I will be honest, my attitude has been a little sour too. Cutting back requires not only sacrifice, but more work on my end... and that has left me feeling a bit deflated. I have to say over the past couple of weeks the enemy has really been working me over. I am sure it is because he knows I have committed to the 12X12 Project.

Talking about giving up little things in my life didn't seem like a big deal, but then doing it with a cheerful heart has been harder than I imagined. Here are a list of things that I have decided to cut out in effort to be more responsible with our money.

1. My housekeeper-(REALLY struggling with this one!)
2. Sea World/Busch Gardens/Aquatica Passes-(This is going to be REALLY hard the next time the kids ask to go.)
3. Bi-weekly pedicures (I'm okay with this, but it really is not the same doing it myself.)
4. Eating out/ordering takeout during the week (Totally crappy when I have planned poorly.)
5. Looking to downsize from my SUV for a lesser payment and better gas milage. (Really will miss the size of my vehicle.)

I KNOW how selfish this sounds, as those I long to help have SO much less, but this is my journey. So I am just being honest and tracking my feelings. Right now it's not the shopping at ALL that is getting me. It is giving up the luxuries that I took for granted daily. I know that God is going to teach me so much through this, so my goal is to focus on being grateful for what I have....instead of the luxuries I am giving up!

1000 Gifts
6. Hands that clean
7. Our awesome parks
8. Family foot rubs
9. Home cooked meals
10. Transportation

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am curious to find out what blog platform you are using?
I'm experiencing some minor security issues with my latest website and I'd
like to find something more safe. Do you have any solutions?
Feel free to surf my web page - boligityrkia.net