Monday, November 01, 2010

Day 1: My 30 Day Dress Project


It Couldn't Be Done, Edgar Guest

Somebody said that it couldn't be done,
But he with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn't," but he would be one
Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
on his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it.

My 5th grade teacher taught this poem to us, and although I only shared the beginning, you get the point I am sure! :) So today, November 1, 2010, I begin my 30 Day Dress Project! Inspired by some sweet friends in my MOPS group, I decided to take on the challenge! I so enjoyed watching them post pictures of their October 30 Day Dress Projects, that it inspired me to jump on board! I have a bit of a shopping issue, so I thought this project would teach me several things:

1. To use what I have and NOT buy more, (for 30 days).
2. To be thankful for a closet full of clothes and accessories.
3. To be creative with what I have to create different looks!

So for those of you that know me and my shopping habits, I am sure you are thinking it couldn't be done. But as you will see over the next 30 days....I am tackling this project!

The Dress: Black Sheath, Mossimo for Target: $29.99

The Misson: You may wash it as much as you want (usually done at night or in the morning while you're wearing your pjs. [hand washing it at night and hanging so that it's dry by morning is the most green & simple option])

You may wear accessories. we encourage you to get creative with simplicity! feel free to incorporate cardigans, leggings, scarves, belts, jewelry, etc.

Exceptions:: work uniforms, workout clothes, bathing suits, etc. (we don't want you to lose your job, stop working out, or miss out on a beach trip!)

Wear the dress as much as you can. get comfortable wearing it and allow yourself to be challenged by finding beauty & awe in the mundane act of wearing the same dress every day.

Day One: black dress, vintage gold lariat necklace (Rae's Retro), leopard cocktail ring (Betsy Johnson), leopard heels (Guess), Bronze Michael Kors Tote.

4 comments:

Chris Noelle said...

wow. I will encourage you on this! you can do it!!!
how fun. I KNOW you got the accessories to pull this off too ")

Katie Schmid said...

You go, girl!

Cathy said...

Thanks Ladies!!!

Keira Lennox said...

Oh, I LOVE this, Cathy! Looking forward to watching this project roll out :)